During winter, when the temperature dips further by the day, layers of clothing increases too. It is rather difficult to pull together outfits during winter to look fashionable and stylish without freezing yourself out. You don't need skinny legs or an hourglass-like body shape to look fabulous and pretty, it's all about how good you get at creating an illusion. Here are some winter fashion tips and hacks to make you look slim and trim during winter.
- It's all in the color - black! Most fashionistas choose black as their go-to color and tend to easily match their stockings, shoes, and dress in the same color, black which helps them look slimmer.
- Get V-shaped neckline for your cardigans and dresses, the upside-down triangle helps you focus the upper body and make your waistline and lower body streamlined further.
- Choose your jackets/blazers carefully. Tuck in your shirt/t-shirt and wear a jacket with full sleeves or three-fourth sleeves and buttons open to looking chic and slim in an instant.
- Long pointy boots over short boots. If it’s a little over the knee, it will even make you look slimmer and taller.
- Select a longer vertical pattern to save your day and make you look petite. Elongated print has always been one of the best fashion tips for every season, and so it is one of the best for winter too.
- Bootcut jeans are one of the classics and a great foundation piece for casual dressing. You could opt for a cropped sweater that divides your body into unequal portions with light color bootcut denim together with a denim jacket (if it is way too cold)
- Another option in jeans is to go for higher-rise jeans with the top tucked in, it will make you look taller by elongating your lower body.
- Well, every lady needs at least a pair of slimming pants that fit every setting, especially as work wear. This is a perfect choice for the days you don't want to put a lot of thought into outfit selection, and we all have such days! There are plenty of options when it comes to slimming clothes, but mid-rise pants with a blazer to go along is a perfect choice for a winter office wear.
- When selecting cardigans, go for long cardigans over the short ones as they tend to shorten your body.
- Select your accessories that go along with the outfit carefully, beef it up if you want to. Visualize a black dress with a slim belt and a piece of statement jewelry that steers away from all attention from anything that you may consider unflattering. And that is exactly what accessories tend to do!
Although we’ve given you our top 10 tips that will help you look slimmer during winter, there are other major factors that you may want to consider too. Like your body posture, everything will fall flat, no matter how pretty you have managed to doll up, without a good posture you may end up looking at least a couple of inches wider. If you are planning a photo shoot, then you may want to get the best outfit and perfect your posture too. Also, when shopping, make a conscious decision to shop online for what compliments your figure and makes you look versatile.